The natural herbs Neem and Triphala boost your health, well-being and beauty!
Check out the incredible benefits of these almost unknown superfoods from India!
Superfood Neem – the unknown herb from India
When you travel in India, the herb Neem is literally omnipresent: in toothpaste, skin moisturizer, Shampoo or as pills – you find it everywhere. No wonder, as Neem has antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antipyretic and pain-relieving properties. The bark, wood, leaves and seeds of the tree possess precious, unique substances. This plant plays an important role in the very old Ayurvedic healing tradition of India.
Cosmetics: Neem is used in many cosmetics such as scalp, face and body moisturizer as it helps against dryness, heals wounds, fights skin diseases, pigmentary defects and dandruff.
As a part of indian toothpaste it keeps teeth and gums healthy.
Internal use: as a powder or pill Neem helps to fight parasites (a very important issue, also in the western countries!!) and helps to maintain a healthy digestion. Indian therapists for colon hydrotherapy use neem for their enema. Its strong antifungal properties kill parasites, who live off your nutrients and vitamins!
What Neem can do for you:
- it boosts your immune system. Its antioxidants neutralizes free radicals and prevents diseases
- Neem strengthens the digestion and the intestines as a most important health organ. It has anti-inflammatory properties and can be used against bloating, congestion and cramps.
- Neem fights parasites and fungus, which steal energy and vital nutrients
- Neem helps your liver and kidneys to detox the body
- Used externally oil it can assuage muscle and joint pains
- as a cosmetic it replaces chemical and expensive cosmetics which can have a negative impact on your health. Neem gives you radiant, glowing skin!
Neem is NOT for pregnant women, children and women who want to become pregnant as it is a natural contraceptive. Internally, it should not be taken continuously, rather as a cure of 2-3 weeks every some months.
Triphala – Ayurvedic Superstar
Almost unknown in the western countries, the (purely herbal) Ayurvedic drug Triphala (“3 fruits”) can be found in every drug store / organic food store in India. Triphala is a mixture of three dried, powdered fruits: Amalaki, Bibhitaki and Haritaki.
The fruit Amla (Emblica Officinalis) is responsible for the detox qualities of the powder. Amla is rich in Vitamin C and supports the cardiovascular system.
Bibhitaki (Terminalia Bellerica) cleans the blood, boosts the immune system and helps with weight loss.
Haritaki (Terminalia Bellerica) has great anti inflammatory potential, is good for your eyes and memory, diabetes and dementia, supports the natural wound healing and much more. No wonder it is called “King’s drug” in the east.
Since 2000 years this powerful “Rasayana” has been used in the Ayurvedic healing tradition. You can take Triphala over a long period without side effects. It is best taken in the morning on an empty stomach with warm water. Alternatively you can take it 30 minutes before going to bed.
What Triphala can do for you:
- Triphala has a very positive impact on your digestion and intestines. It stimulates bowel movement and is an effective laxative which cleans stomach and bowels. Furthermore it helps the small intestines to absorb vital nutrients. The easier nutrients can be absorbed, the earlier you will feel full and the less you eat.
- Triphala helps you lose weight
- Triphala is good for eye sight
- Triphala stimulates the creation of collagen and provides a glowing skin!
- You can use Triphala externally as a body scrub or skin mask, it cleans the skin from the inside and the outside. It helps with healing wounds and sunburns. Just mix the powder with some water and leave in for 10-15 minutes.
- Triphala regulates cholesterol and cleans the blood.
- Triphala is rich in Vitamin C and boosts your immune system.
- Triphala regulates blood pressure.
Triphala is NOT for people who take anticoagulants, pregnant or breast-feeding women, children or when having diarrhea.
Where to buy: I got my products in India where they are pretty cheap. I trust the brands “Organic India” and “Himalaya”- you can order their products on the internet.